Toggle menu


Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Council tax reductions if you are disabled

You'll usually have to pay council tax if you're 18 or over and own or rent a home. A full council tax bill is for at least two adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are both responsible for paying the bill.

If you live in a larger property than you would need because you or another occupant is disabled you can apply for a disabled band deduction.