Request a public litter bin
We will consider requests for extra litter bins.
There are a few reasons why we might decide not to install a bin:
- there is already a litter bin in close by
- monitoring shows that a bin is not needed
- the request is too close to someone's private property
- the place where the bin is due to go is close to underground services such as electric/gas lines
- if a pavement is too narrow for a bin to be placed
Requests can take a long time to complete as the council will monitor and inspect the site before a decision is made.