Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Register addresses for new properties

We control the names of streets and properties in the borough. To decide on applications, we use:

  • our own street naming and numbering policy
  • the National Land and Property Gazeteer

Developers can apply to register an address for new or under construction properties.

If your development will include new streets, you can suggest one name for each street. We encourage you to use a historically relevant name. The name of a street should preserve a historic link to the land it's built on. If this is not possible it should link to the local area's history instead.

For each proposed street name, we consult with ward and parish councillors. Developers and consultees can comment on suggested names before we decide whether to approve them.

Register a new address

Read more information in:

  • the Public Health Act 1925 (sections 17, 18 and 19)
  • the Town Improvement Clauses Act 1847 (sections 64 and 65)