How do we prioritise your Housing Register application?
Once we have accepted you onto the Housing Register, we assess your housing needs based on a banding system.
If you are applying for housing, your application will be placed into one of our priority bands.
The banding scheme is explained in the.
Housing needs vary, for example, you may:
- live somewhere that has a serious effect on the health of anyone in your household
- are an under-occupying household and wish to downsize
- you need to move so your current council property can be repaired or modernised.
Can I request a review of my housing application decision?
You'll get a decision letter from us saying:
- whether your application has been successful or not
- the priority band you've been given.
If you disagree with our decision or your priority band, you can ask us to review our decision within 21 days of receiving the decision letter.
Fill in our online form to ask us to review our decision on your housing application.