How do we prioritise your Housing Register application?
Once we have accepted you onto the Housing Register, we assess your housing needs based on a banding system.
Housing needs vary, for example, you may:
- live somewhere that has a serious effect on the your health
- are an under-occupying household and want to downsize
- you need to move so your current council property can be repaired or modernised
Waiting times vary depending on a number of different factors:
- priority banding
- the number of bedrooms you need
- how selective you are over the type of property you want to live in
- how selective you are over where in the borough you want to live in