Visit Guildford Castle and head to the top of the Great Tower for a 360 degree panoramic view of Guildford and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Castle opening times
In 2003 - 2004 the Great Tower was conserved and the original crenellations and other features were discovered.
A roof and floor were reinstated at first floor level, which has made the building more accessible to visitors. The Tower contains a model of the original castle circa 1300, and interpretation panels tracing its history to the present day.
There is a visitor platform on the roof offering panoramic views of Guildford. There is a small gift shop on the ground floor of the castle.
- January - February: Closed
- March: Saturday and Sunday only, 11am - 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
- April - September: Monday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
- October: Saturday and Sunday only, 11am - 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
- October half-term: Monday - Sunday, 11am - 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
- November - December: Closed
- Adult: £3.20
- Child/Concessions: £1.60
The castle grounds are open all year round and admission is free. There is a small charge to visit the Castle Keep.
Dogs are welcome if kept on a lead.