Climate Change, Sustainable Design, Construction and Energy SPD
This SPD contains guidance for Local Plan policies that cover:
- climate change
- sustainable design and construction
- low and zero carbon energy
It supersedes the 2011 Sustainable Design and Construction SPD, which we've now withdrawn.
The document contains:
- an overview of the relevant policies
- the information you should submit if you're applying for planning permission
- a questionnaire for non-major developments (you can also )
- guidance on sustainable design and construction best practice
We adopted the SPD on 22 September 2020. Read the meeting minutes and public consultation comments we received.
Notice of Withdrawal for the 2011 SPD
In accordance with Section 15 (2) of The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended) Guildford Borough Council hereby gives notice of the withdrawal of the Sustainable Design and Construction SPD (2011). The SPD has been withdrawn because it has been superseded by the Climate Change, Sustainable Design, Construction and Energy SPD (2020).