Corporate Customer Charter
Our promise to you
Guildford Borough Council is committed to providing you with outstanding customer service whenever and however you choose to contact us. We monitor our standards of service and work to improve ourselves based on your feedback.
We promise to:
- be friendly and approachable
- listen carefully and not be judgemental
- treat you fairly
- use plain language
- respect your confidentiality and safeguard your personal information
- consult you and use your feedback to help us improve services
- give timely, clear, and accurate information about our services to help you make informed choices
- help you to access services in the way that you need
- be responsible and accountable for the accuracy and quality of our work
- make reasonable adjustments to give you equal access to information, services, and our buildings
- reply to webforms within 2 working days for an acknowledgement and 7 working days for a complete response
- reply to emails within 2 working days for an acknowledgement and 10 working days for a complete response
- answer the telephone within 4 rings
- reply to letters within 10 working days
In the future
You are probably aware that public services are under a great deal of financial pressure and resources are getting scarcer. We have to change the way we do things and we need your help.
By using our website to answer your queries and get things done, you can make a big difference. We will help you to find out what can be done online and how to do it. We know this will not be possible for everyone, or for all queries, so we have other options to meet your needs.
We will also be clear about the services we can and cannot provide; there may be times when other organisations will be better placed to meet your needs.