Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Animal licensing policy

Document icon

The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 has changed the way animal-related businesses are inspected and licensed

New regulations

The new regulations define the animal-based activities that need licences as:

  • selling animals as pets. This includes keeping animals in a business with a view to them being so sold or resold
  • providing or arranging accommodation for other people's cats or dogs. On any premises where the accommodation is a purpose of the business
  • hiring out horses for riding, instruction in riding, or both
  • breeding three or more litters of puppies in any 12-month period. Breeding dogs and advertising a business of selling dogs
  • keeping or training animals for exhibition. This could be for educational or entertainment purposes, either to any audience attending in person, or by recording

Icon for word Animal Licensing Policy [319.69KB]