Hire of public parks and open spaces
Guildford has more than 50 parks, which can be hired as venues for commercial or community events, including music concerts, fun fairs, fetes, sponsored walks, or sporting activities. We also welcome fitness sessions, filming and balloon launches.
Here's a flavour of what Guildford's parks and open spaces can offer:
How to hire a park for a public event
1. Complete the application form from the list below:
2. Read the terms and conditions
Please read ourSign the form and return it to us.
3. Event acknowledgement
Once we have received your event application, we will:
- Check it for date availability, event suitability and licence requirements.
- Write to you and acknowledge your application and confirm
- Let you know about any additional requirements and what you should do before we can confirm your event.
4. Event confirmation
By at least four weeks before your event you will need to complete and send:
- A (please read our to help you complete this).
- Copy of your Public Liability Insurance.
- Site Plan (for more information, see our ).
- Traffic Plan and any other details that we have asked for.
When we have received all the necessary documents, we will write to you and confirm that your event can go ahead.
We will also invoice you for the hire of the park. Events will not be able to go ahead without a written event confirmation from us.
Chilworth Duck Race
If you are interested in filming or carrying out a photo shoot on a park or in an open space, you will need to complete a
There is a minimum £50 filming charge. The charge may be more depending upon the event details.
Regular fitness sessions take place in many of our parks and open spaces.
To get permission to run fitness sessions, please complete a
Shalford Park is the only site suitable for balloon launches. Fees and charges are based on a maximum of 25 launches per year.
To get permission to launch balloons, please complete a
Outdoor theatre and bandstand concerts
Guildford Castle Grounds and Bandstand have a full concert diary during the summer months. This includes concerts and outdoor theatre performances.
- If you would like to apply for outdoor theatre performances, please complete an
- If you would like to apply for bandstand concerts, please complete a
Some events require a licence. There are several types of licence:
- Premises Licence
- Temporary Event Notice
- Alcohol Licence
For more information, please contact Licensing Services on 01483 444371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All events will require Public Liability Insurance (for more information, see our
Fees and charges
A scale ofis set yearly. The fees are dependent on the type of event, the numbers of people attending and the duration of the event.
A reinstatement bond may also be payable. Full payment of the fee and the reinstatement bond must be made at least four weeks before the event.
All events will require a site specific
For more advice on organising a safe and successful event, please see our Health and Safety Executive website.or visit the
Litter-picking one of the laybys on the A3 earlier today. We never work alone - one watches for dangers and the oth… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…7 minutes ago