Tell us about a change to your circumstances
You need to tell us straightaway about any change that may affect your housing benefit or council tax support.
Tell the council of any changes affecting you, your partner or anyone else living in your home.
What do I need to tell the council?
Let us know if:
- any of your children leave school or leave home
- anyone moves into or out of your home, including lodgers and sub-tenants
- your income or the income of anyone living with you, including benefits, changes
- your capital or savings change
- you or anyone living with you becomes a student, starts an apprenticeship or training scheme, goes into hospital or a nursing home, goes to prison, or changes or leaves a job
- your rent changes
- you move
- you or your partner are going to be temporarily absent from your home
- you or anyone living with you starts work
- you receive any decision from the Home Office about your immigration status
You must let us know, in writing, within one month of any changes. You can email email@example.com or write to Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4BB.
If you do not tell us about any changes, you may lose money you are entitled to or be given too much benefit. It is an offence not to tell the council about any changes that may affect your benefit. We may take court action against you and if we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.