Local land charges
Welcome to local land charges. Our trained and experienced staff maintain the local land charges register and complete property searches.
A Local Land Charge is a restriction on a particular parcel of land, whether to secure the payment of a sum of money, or limiting the use to which the land may be put, and is binding on successive owners or occupiers of that parcel of land. These restrictions would not normally be shown on your deeds and therefore your solicitor would perform a Local Authority Search as part of your conveyancing when you buy or re-mortgage a property or land to highlight any of these charges.
The search usually consists of two parts. The LLC1 form is a search of the Local Land Charges Register only and shows charges such as conditional planning consents and agreements, tree preservation orders, enforcement notices and financial charges. The CON29 form consists of a series of standard questions giving information on highways, planning history and notices which affect the property.
Depending on which questions have been asked, the Local Land Charges search will among other things identify:
- The planning history of the site and any developments which directly affect it.
- The planning policies which affect the site.
We are pleased to announce that our Land Charges team were nominated in the Customer Satisfaction Award for Local Authority Searches at the 2016 Local Land Charges Awards. The customer comments included: "Quick turnaround, responsive to requests where there is genuine urgency, still feels like you're dealing with people!"
Interactive map - Land Charges Register
What is the cost of a search?
- Basic search (LLC1 and CON29) - £110
- Optional Enquiries - Surrey County Council Questions 4, 21 & 22 - £14 each
- Optional Enquiries - Guildford Borough Council Questions - £11 each
- LLC1 Only - £25
- CON29 Only - £85
- Additional Enquiries - £21 each
- Additional Parcels of Land - £10 each
- Personal Searches - No charge, these can be carried out by contacting us and making an appointment.
For information relating to charges for individual CON29 questions please see our.