Onslow Recreation Ground
A large open green space with children's playground, an arboretum, and lots of sports facilities to use and enjoy, including a full size football pitch.
Open green space
Children's playground - Recommended ages 4 - 8
Arboretum - with picnic areas and carved tree seats
All of the sports facilities at Onslow Village Recreation Ground are available to hire by organised clubs and individuals alike.
- Football - 1 full size (11-a-side) grass football pitch
- Multi-use games area - free to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
Children's playground, recommended ages 4 - 8.
- Zip wire
- Roundabout (flush to the ground)
- Tyre swing
- Climbing equipment
- Fenced toddlers' area
You can hire the park for your commercial or community events. Events include music concerts, food festivals, outdoor cinemas, community fetes and sponsored walks. If you would like to discuss your event plans, please see our page about the hire of public parks and open spaces.
If you want to know what events are taking place in Guildford, please see what's on in Visit Guildford.
- Public toilets
- Picnic tables / benches
- Arboretum (access from Manor Road or through the recreation ground)
- Pavilion with changing rooms, showers and toilets - available to sports hirers only
- Scout hut
- Onslow Village Tennis Club
Wilderness Road, Guildford, GU2 7QP
Visiting Onslow Recreation Ground
Onslow Recreation Ground has a large open green space with an exciting playground. Its elevated position offers fantastic views across Guildford. The arboretum next door is a must for those that want to get close to nature.
Please note: The play area will be partially closed from Monday 27 September 2021 for two weeks and then a full closure with take place from Monday 11 October for one week.
- small free car park with 12 spaces
Things to see and do
- zip wire
- roundabout (flush to the ground)
- tyre swing
- climbing equipment
- fenced toddlers' area
- public toilets
- picnic table/benches
- pavilion with changing rooms, showers and toilets - available to sports hirers only
- scout hut
- Onslow Village Tennis Club
Explore the meandering footpaths of Onslow arboretum and journey around the the world in 80 trees. The arboretum is home to a specialist collection of 80 tree species from around the globe.
You can access the arboretum through the recreation ground or from Manor way.
- full size (11-a-side) grass football pitch
Multi-use games area (MUGA)
- MUGA with a single football goal and basketball hoop.
Onslow Village Recreation Ground MUGA is free to play on a first come, first served basis.
You can hire Onslow Village Recreation Ground for your commercial or community event.
Onslow Village Recreation Ground can be used to run regular fitness classes or school PE sessions.
If you want to keep up to date with events that are taking place in Guildford, please see the what's on page at Visit Guildford