Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Apply for small society lottery licence

apply icon

Lotteries can include raffles, tombolas or sweepstakes.

A code of practice for lotteries can be viewed on the Gambling Commission website.

We keep a register of organisations running small society lotteries. These are lotteries with proceeds of less than £20,000 per lottery or £250,000 in a calendar year. Most charities fall into this category. Lotteries with proceeds exceeding £20,000 per lottery or £250,000 in a calendar year are regulated by the Gambling Commission.

We offer pre-application advice on this licence.


Your tickets must show:

  • the name of the society benefiting from the lottery
  • price of the ticket
  • name and address of the member of the society organising the lottery
  • date of the draw

Will tacit consent apply? 

No, tacit consent does not apply. We will aim to respond to your application within 10 working days. If you have not heard from us within this period, please get in contact. We must process your application before the licence can be granted.


  • fee for registering a small society lottery: £40
  • annual renewal fee: £20

Payment can be made by credit card/debit card by calling customer services on 01483 505050.

Apply for a small society lottery

To apply for a small society lottery, complete our Icon for pdf registration form [158.22KB] and return to: Licensing, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB