Strategic Development Framework Supplementary Planning Document (SDF SPD)
This SPD is a guide for future masterplanning, planning and development of sites allocated for development in the Local Plan: strategy and sites (2019). The SPD also outlines the Council's aims for design quality.
The five locations subject to this SPD are:
- Slyfield Area Regeneration Project. Now known as Weyside Urban Village (Policy A24 of the Local Plan)
- Gosden Hill Farm (Policy A25)
- Blackwell Farm (Policies A26 and A27)
- Ash and Tongham Sites (Policies A29-A31) and
- Former Wisley Airfield (Policy A35).
The key elements of the SPD are:
- to establish design principles to deliver high-quality and sustainable schemes
- to provide a set of illustrative plans which should inform the more detailed masterplanning for each site, and
- to provide key considerations relating to the scheme's delivery and the requirements which should be met at the planning application stage.
The SPD was formally adopted by the Council's Executive on 21 July 2020. The following are available to view:
The committee report and consultation statement are available to view on the meeting's Agenda page.
A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening was undertaken. You can view the
We carried out a formal consultation on the SPD during January and February 2020. Comments helped inform the preparation of the final SPD for adoption.