Supported housing

Our supported housing accommodation is available for vulnerable adults between the ages of 18 and 65 who need low to moderate support to live independently.

The accommodation available is a mixture of bedsit and self-contained flats, which are conveniently located close to the town centre and its surrounding areas.

Applicants who are considered suitable for the accommodation may have mental health, learning disability or drug and alcohol support needs that they are managing or actively addressing.

How to apply

To apply to move to supported housing, you must have a local connection to the Borough and be on Guildford's Housing Register.

An application to join our Housing Register can be downloaded by visiting Guildford Homechoice website.

Vacancies for all our supported housing schemes are advertised through Guildford Homechoice, our choice-based letting scheme.

All bids must be supported by a referral form, which can be completed by the applicant's key worker.

Floating housing support

Floating housing support is short term support that can help you maintain your tenancy or settle you into a new home.

To access this support, you need to first talk to your Housing Options Officer or Housing Estates Manager at the Council. You can contact them by calling 01483 444244.

Floating housing support for people within our borough is provided by Riverside Care and Support.

Other supported housing services

There are also a number of other housing support services and accommodation provided by housing associations and voluntary agencies in our borough. We work in partnership with these agencies and referrals can be made through the Housing Advice Centre.