Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Prior approval for change of use

Check what information you need to include with this type of application below.

Check the national requirements on the Planning Portal

There are no local requirements for this type of application. 

Application form

Apply online via the Planning Portal

This is the quickest and easiest way to apply and means you can track the progress of your application online. 

You can download the following application forms:

Use the Planning Portal's guidance to check which type of application you need to make. You need to send us a letter if you want to apply for either:

  • Prior Approval for Change of Use (f) From A1 to A2 Bank or Building Society
  • Prior Approval for Change of Use (g) Temporary Flexible change of use from A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, D1 and D2 to A1, A2 and B1 for a period of 2 years