Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

What information should I submit?

Fire safety and high-rise residential buildings (from 1 August 2021)

Please read the new guidance explaining the requirement for fire safety statements. This applies to any applications for proposals of 18 metres or more in height or 7 or more storeys.

Read the new fire safety and high-rise residential buildings guidance

Planning Portal - choosing your planning application

Once you know what type of application you're making, you should check what information you need to give us. This information is split into two groups:

  • National requirements

You can see all the national requirements on the Planning Portal.

  • Local requirements

To see what our local requirements are, you need to check our Local Validation List. The Local Validation List was last updated and reviewed on 7 July 2021. Some application types (such as Discharge of Conditions) do not have local requirements. 

If you want to build a new development, you'll also need to check the local drainage requirements