Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Drainage requirements

Planning and Building Control Background

There are extra drainage requirements for major projects involving either:

  • 10 or more properties
  • 1,000 square metres of non-residential floor space

We require these projects to include plans for Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS). Effective SuDS manage surface water drainage and run-off. Your plans must show:

  • How and where you will build SuDS
  • How you will maintain SuDS

To meet drainage requirements, submit a Surface Water Drainage form with your application.

Icon for pdf Download a Surface Water Drainage form [622.31KB].

You can find more information about drainage requirements here: