Toggle menu


Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and businesses can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Energy statement/information regarding energy and carbon emissions

This is required with applications for new buildings. You need to show (and quantify) how you will meet the energy requirements set out in our Local Plan: Strategy and Sites 2019 (Policy D2).

  • major development need to provide an energy statement
  • minor development need to provide enough information to show they will comply with the Local Plan

Read more information in:

  • our Local Plan: Strategy and Sites 2019 (policy D2)
  • our Supplementary Planning Document for Sustainable Design and Construction
  • the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (paras 150, 151, 153)
  • the National Planning Policy Guidance for Renewable & low carbon energy (ID.5 paras 001 - 024)