Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Flood risk assessment

Flood risk assessments might be required if your project will take place in Flood Zone 1, 2 or 3 (including Zone 3b). Check our Strategic Flood Risk Assessment maps to find out if this is the case. 

If your project takes place in Zone 1, a flood risk assessment is required if either:

  • the area has critical drainage problems
  • the area is affected by surface water flooding
  • the project site will be more than 1 hectare
  • the project will introduce new uses to the land which are more vulnerable to flooding than the old uses

All project in Zones 2 or 3 (including Zone 3b) require a flood risk assessment.

Read more information in:

  • our Local Plan: Strategy and Sites 2019 (Policy P4) 
  • the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (paras 155 - 165)
  • the National Planning Policy Guidance for Flood Risk and Coastal Change (ID.7 paras 001 - 008)

Visit the Government's page for flood risk assessment standing advice.