Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Minimum internal space standards statement

You are required to show that all new residential developments conform with the space standards set out by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). Read more information in our Local Plan Strategy and Site 2019 (policy H1). 

The statement is required to include a table showing room sizes in comparison to the number of bedrooms.

You're also required to prove the correct percentages of space are allocated to each type of room. 

Affordable housing units should:

  • reflect the minimum gross internal floor areas
  • cater for the highest number of bed spaces per bedroom

Market houses should provide a mix of different floor areas and bed spaces per bedroom.