Toggle menu


Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and businesses can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Ventilation and extraction statement

This is required if your project involves buildings: 

  • in class A3, A4, A5, B1(light industrial) or B2 (general industrial)
  • used for significant retail, business, industrial or leisure purposes
  • which have or will have substantial ventilation or extraction equipment installed

Read more information in:

  • our Local Plan 2003 (Policy G1(3))
  • the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (Paras 170 & 180 and for noise para 29 and footnote 27)