Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Lawful Development Certificate for existing use of operation or activity including those in breach of planning condition

Check what information you need to include with this type of application below.

Check the national requirements on the Planning Portal

Local requirements

There are no local requirements. However, we may be more likely to accept your information if you include the following:

  • existing floor plans and elevations
  • photographs including historic photographs of site/building
  • a statement of key facts, issues and evidence to justify the use, operation or activity taking place on the site
  • statutory declarations from people with a personal knowledge of the site or occupants which confirm the information in your application is true

All plans need to show key dimensions of all new works. Give the external height, width and depth on your elevations and floor plans. Please submit drawings at 1:50 or 1:100 scale. You also need to include a scale bar which refers to the paper size, for example: 1:100 on A3.

For more information, check the Planning Portal or use our Pre-application advice service