Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Apply for a street trading licence for a single event

Commercial street trading events

If you are trading at a commercial event, you will need a full street trading consent.

Apply for a full street trading consent

What is a commercial event?

Commercial events are usually organised by a person or group to make money, even if the purpose is to raise money for a good cause.

  • the event will be aiming to attract the wider community for a commercial purpose
  • trading will be the main feature of the event
  • the event organiser will be charging a pitch fee to trade at the event

You must apply at least two months before your event.

The fee for a commercial event is £338.

Full consent can last for up to one year, and allows you to trade at commercial events, such as farmers' markets and free-to-enter car boot sales and trade with catering vans, whether static (such as kebab vans) or mobile (such as ice-cream vans) and other street traders.