Find out about building your own home
What is the self-build and custom housebuilding register?
The Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register helps us track demand for self-build and custom-build homes in Guildford. We use the register to:
- record how many people want to build their own homes
- help plan for enough sites to meet demand
- grant development permission for suitable plots of land
- keep in touch with people who are interested in self-build and custom housebuilding
You can join the register as:
- an individual
- an association (group)
The register has two parts:
- join Part 1 if you have connections to the local area
- join Part 2 if you do not
Joining the register does not guarantee you will be offered a plot of land or that planning permission will be granted.
Most plots are located on new large housing sites. They have:
- access to a public road
- connections to:
All plots are sold at market value.
You need to renew your membership annually, by 31 October.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 444471.