Organising an event - Safety Advisory Group
What is the Safety Advisory Group?
The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) includes representatives from:
- Surrey Police
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- South East Coast Ambulance Service
- Guildford Borough Council
- Surrey County Council
The SAG will consider plans and offer guidance and advice. They will consider all event applications. When the event is on council land, if you fail to follow that advice, it may invalidate your booking.
It is not the role of the SAG to take on any liabilities for the event.
The event organiser is in charge of the health, safety and welfare of:
- people attending the event
- employees, volunteers, traders and contractors working at the event
Your event plan should name the person in charge of health and safety at your event. Depending on the nature of the event, you may want to seek specialist advice.