Organising an event - Safety Advisory Group
How to refer your event to the Safety Advisory Group
Before submitting your application we would recommend you consider the following:
- is there an event management plan and risk assessment? This will evolve and can be draft.
- is there a team of people to help organise and run the event and are their responsibilities clear?
- do you have contingency plans?
- do you have a realistic budget?
- do you have adequate insurance?
If you wish to continue with referring your event to the Safety Advisory Group you need to:
Give as much notice of your event as possible. A large complex event can take 12 months to plan. All the necessary permissions, such as road closures, must be in place if needed.