Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Tell us about a change to your circumstances

What happens next?

If we need any further information, we will contact you. If your benefit changes, we will send you a new statement of your benefit entitlement.

If you have been paid too much benefit, we can recover the money.

We can recover overpayments by:

  • deducting money directly from your ongoing Housing Benefit, if you are still entitled to receive any
  • deducting directly from other social security benefits
  • sending you an invoice that will require you to make payments towards the overpayment, until it is cleared
  • asking your employer to set up a Direct Earnings Attachment (deducting directly from your wages)