Bulky waste collections
Guildford Borough Council is now working in partnership with the Surrey Reuse Network to collect bulky waste from domestic properties within the Borough.
This service will be provided by The Surrey Reuse Network and its partner The Furniture Helpline. Their aim is to increase the amount of reuse and recycling from the bulky waste that is collected.
To arrange a collection
- Call 01420 488 783 and a receptionist will arrange the collection.
- Email email@example.com giving your name and contact telephone number. You will then be contacted so the collection arrangements can be made.
All collections are normally completed within seven days of your call.
- One item - £34 (Larger items, for example American style fridge freezers and very large sofas will count as two items)
- Two to four items - £57
- Five to ten items - £84
- Small clearance - £160
Those on low income, unemployment and housing benefit may be entitled to a discount.
Do I need to be home when the collection is made?
No, but it is preferred that collections are made from within the home so the bulky waste is kept dry. If this is inconvenient, you will be asked to cover the items concerned and they will be collected from the pre-arranged location.
Collections start at 9.30am, allowing householders time to complete the essentials, such as the school run.
Collections of more than ten items
If you need more than ten items collected, an arrangement will be made to visit your home to assess the collection. You will then be given a quote to remove the items.
Items that cannot be collected
There are a number of items that cannot be collected and you will need to contact a private registered waste carrier to have these removed. These include: asbestos, builder's rubble, fluorescent tubes (even in a sun bed), garden waste, oil tanks, car batteries, various liquids including pots of paint, sheet glass, sheet plate glass, full size snooker/billiard/pool tables, large organs and pianos.
Petrol mowers must be emptied of fuel and oil.
Ride on mowers and mobility buggies will be assessed first.
- Recycling sites - including Slyfield
- A-Z - Recycling Directory
- What goes in my bins?
- Bin collection days
- Report a missed bin collection
- FAQs - Bins and recycling
- Commercial recycling and waste
- Garden waste
- Street cleaning
- News and Events
- Our sustainability priorities and progress
- Sustainable communities
- Energy saving advice
- Recycling and Refuse Services Customer Charter
Bulky waste collections