Search or comment on a planning application

Comment on a planning application

Use our public access portal to make comments about a planning application. The portal is available for the public to sign up to. If you do not have an account, you'll need to create one. Your comment must either support or oppose the application, it cannot be neutral. We aim to submit your comments and make them available online in ten working days. This might take longer if we're busy.

Please only send us your comments once. If you submit something online, do not send the same comment by email or post. This makes it take longer for us to upload comments and make them available to a caseworker.

The public can see any comments you make online. Your name will appear next to your comments, but we'll remove other personal information. Any comments we publish stay online for four years.

We will not put comments online if they make disparaging remarks about either:

  • the owner of a property
  • anyone who can be directly or indirectly identified

Comment on a planning application

For more information about the location of planning applications, use our interactive planning map.