What is a Discretionary Housing Payment?
If you are in receipt of housing benefit and are struggling financially, you may be able to get some additional help.
- Apply for benefits online
- Benefits calculator
- What is housing benefit?
- Who can claim housing benefit?
- When and how do I claim housing benefit?
- How do we work out housing benefits?
- What if I disagree with the way the council works out my benefit? Can I appeal?
- How do we pay housing benefit?
- Will other adults living in my home affect my housing benefit?
- Can I claim benefit on two homes when moving?
- Benefits - fraud investigation
- What local bank information and proof of identification is required?
- What is Welfare Reform?
- Can I get any other financial help?
- Important information for new housing association and council tenants under the age of 35 on 1 April 2020
- Can hostel residents apply for housing benefit?
- Universal Credit
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Council Tax Support
- Help with council tax
- Help for older people