Toggle menu

Moving business premises within Guildford borough

If you are moving to, or taking on another premises in Guildford borough, you need to give us some details. We can then amend your business rates account and issue you with a new bill.

If you've overpaid at your old premises, we will usually use the credit to reduce what you owe at your new premises. If your bill covers more than one premises and you need a refund for a specific one, we may be able to provide this on request. Your revised bill will tell you what your new instalments will be.

If you are moving into Guildford borough for the first time, visit our opening a business in Guildford borough page.

Register for a MyGuildford account

Telling us that you have moved is quick and easy. You need to register for a MyGuildford account and sign in to report your move online.

If you do not have a MyGuildford account, you can set one up. You should register your MyGuildford account using the address of your old premises. Once you have signed into your MyGuildford account, you can click on the 'my account' section. You can then start the change of address process.

Register or sign into your MyGuildford account (opens new window)

If you have not yet registered to access your business rates account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online business rates account to your MyGuildford.

To complete this step you will need the following information:

  • your business rates reference number - found on your latest bill. Do not include the "X" when you enter the reference
  • your current premises postcode, not the premises postcode you are moving to

Once you have linked your business rates account, you can go to the account summary screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You need to select the 'tell us you have moved' quick link on the right-hand side of the page.

What we'll need you to tell us

  • the name of the company and your contact details
  • the date you started occupying your new premises
  • the date you started renting, or the date you purchased the property
  • your bank account details if you want to pay by direct debit - the quickest and easiest way to pay

What happens next

We will contact you if we need further information. We aim to amend your account within 10 working days and issue you a new bill in the post.

Useful information for your new address

When you move into your address you may also need to:

Commercial waste service

If you had a commercial waste service at your old premises, call customer services on 01483 505050. We can discuss moving your service to your new premises. Or we can create a new service if you are expanding your business.