Toggle menu


Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and businesses can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Contaminated land assessment

This is required if your project will cause either:

  • ground disturbances
  • changes to the groundwater regime

It's also required if the land could be contaminated because of its previous use. 

Learn more about contaminated land

Read more information in:

  • our Local Plan 2003 (Policies G3, G4)
  • the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (Paras 178, 179,  Annex 2; Site Investigation Information)
  • the National Planning Policy Guidance for Land affected by contamination (ID.33 paras 001 - 010)