Toggle menu

We are experiencing some issues with our phone lines

We are working to fix the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Find out about bulky waste collections

Do I need a bulky waste collection?

Some waste is too big to pick it up with your usual bin collection. This includes household appliances, white goods and furniture. We work with the Surrey Reuse Network and Furniture Helpline to recycle and reuse bulky waste.

They cannot collect the following items in a bulky waste collection:


 Builder's rubble

Fluorescent tubes (including one in a sun bed)

Garden waste

Oil tanks

 Car batteries

✗ Many liquids including pots of paint

✗ Sheet glass

✗ Sheet plastic

Full size snooker/pool/billiard tables

✗ Large organs and pianos

If you want to throw these items away, you'll need to contact a private registered waste carrier. We have a dedicated page of advice for people using a contractor to get rid of waste.