Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Planning performance agreements

What is a planning performance agreement?

Planning performance agreements (PPAs) help people apply to build major developments. We have a tailored project management framework to help people apply. We also help people follow any conditions attached to the planning permission.

We offer agreements to major applications for residential or commercial projects. The application has to involve one of the following:

  • the winning and working of minerals or the use of land for mineral-working deposits
  • waste development
  • the provision of properties where
    • the number of properties to be provided is 10 or more, or
    • the development is to be carried out on a site having an area of 0.5 hectares or more and it is not known whether the development will provide more than 10 properties
  • the provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more, or
  • development carried out on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more

These conditions are taken from Article 2 of the Interpretation Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015/595 (Part 1 Preliminary).

Both parties need to agree on a PPA. They include:

  • a dedicated Development Management Specialist for the project
  • meetings to help develop the proposal
  • help from other teams or officers where necessary

For bigger projects, we also collaborate on:

  • developing ideas
  • developing local plan documents which support the project's delivery
  • considering any reserved matters or conditions in the application