Planning performance agreements
Why sign up for a planning performance agreement?
A PPA does not guarantee your project will be approved, but it gives you the best chance of a positive outcome. It removes some uncertainty and helps keep communications open throughout the planning process.
Other benefits of a PPA are:
- you'll know the timescale for reaching a decision on your application
- we'll give you the key dates and elements in writing and may also give you a specific planning committee date
- Guildford Borough Council officers can share their expertise through the application process
- both parties can agree on changes to the timescale or extensions to the deadline
- you can discuss and solve issues as they arise and make changes to your application if needed
- we can tell you some of the costs up front
- you can discuss planning applications with council officers and consultees
- you'll have a named officer contact, who can discuss your application at any point during the process