Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Apply or renew a dangerous animal licence

Apply/renew a dangerous animal licence

Applicants must be over 18 years of age and must not be disqualified from keeping a dangerous wild animal.

Apply for a licence

To apply for a Dangerous Wild Animal licence, you will need to send us the following documents:

Post or email your documents to We cannot accept photographs or documents, only clear scans.

Renew a licence

To keep a dangerous wild animal, you must maintain a current licence by renewing it every two years. 

To renew this licence, please send the following documents:

Post or email your documents to We cannot accept photographs of documents, only clear scans.

You will be sent a reminder several months before the expiry of your licence. If you do not wish to renew, please let us know in writing.