Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Homelessness - duty to refer

What you need to know

Some public bodies have a duty to refer (DTR) people facing homelessness to us.

These include:

  • prisons
  • youth offender institutions
  • secure training centres
  • secure colleges
  • youth offending teams
  • probation services 
  • JobCentre plus
  • social service authorities
  • emergency departments
  • urgent treatment centres
  • hospitals  providing inpatient care
  • the secretary of state for defence in relation to members of the regular forces

Before making a referral a public authority must:

  • have consent to do so from the service user
  • allow the individual to choose the housing authority that they want the referral to
  • have consent to share the individuals contact details. This is so the housing authority can contact them