Bulky waste temporary collections
Due to government restrictions, Furniture Helpline, our partner for bulky waste collections, has been unable to deliver their normal service. Our waste team have put on a temporary service to see you through this difficult time, working with Furniture Helpline where possible. The service is not quite the same. Please read the terms and conditions before placing an order.
Terms and conditions for bulky waste collections
- We won't go into properties. The waste will need to be left outside of the front of the property for collection by our crews.
- We do not offer discounts to any residents and are unable to spread the payment, it must be paid in full at the time of placing the order.
We cannot collect:
- There are a number of items that cannot be collected and you will need to contact a private registered waste carrier to have these removed. These include: asbestos, builders' rubble, fluorescent tubes (even in a sun bed), garden waste, oil tanks, car batteries, various liquids including pots of paint, sheet glass, sheet plate glass, full size snooker/billiard/pool tables, large organs and pianos.
- We won't collect commercial waste or business waste or collect from commercial or business premises.
Preparing items for collection:
- Petrol mowers must be emptied of fuel and oil.
- Ride on mowers and mobility buggies will be assessed first.
- Fridges and freezers must be emptied before collection.
- If the item comes apart, then each separate piece is classed as one item - for example a corner sofa that comes apart into two sections would be two items.
- Items that can get heavy when wet, for example, soft furnishings and mattresses, should be kept dry to ensure that the collection crew can remove them.
- All food should be removed from fridge/freezers and the doors should be taped shut.
- Items such as carpets or broken furniture must be rolled, securely tied or bundled together and doors taped shut.
- Items for collection should not be filled with other rubbish.
- The collection team will not dismantle furniture, disconnect cookers (or other household furniture) or remove loose waste.
On the day of collection:
- The items must be outside your property awaiting collection by 7.30am on the day of collection, as near to the kerbside as possible, and should be clearly seen from the road and easily accessible for the collection vehicle. Please note the earliest items can be presented is the evening before collection.
- You don't have to be home when we collect.
- We don't go into back gardens to collect items, nor do we collect from gated alleyways.
- We don't collect items from inside properties, garages or garden sheds.
- Gates should be left unlocked, dogs should be kept inside the property and parked cars should not obstruct items.
- Your name, address and contact details will be passed through to Furniture Helpline who will arrange the collection with you. Payment information will not be shared with Furniture Helpline.
- The collection team will not carry items up or down steps or from properties via lifts.
- We can't specify collection times.
- We don't offer a house clearance service.
- We won't collect more than 10 items on one visit.
- If you wish to cancel your collection, please contact us before 12pm noon on the day before your collection date. We are unable to offer a refund if you cancel after this time.