Health and wellbeing
We are keen to encourage everyone in the borough to lead active, healthy lives.
If you live in Surrey and would like information on health matters, such as quitting smoking or getting a health check, please take a look at Healthy Surrey.
To find out about local care, community and health support or advice, visit Surrey Information Point.
Health and wellbeing strategy
We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all residents.
Ouridentifies the following priorities for the local area:
- preventing alcohol misuse
- improving health and wellbeing at work (see Workplace Wellbeing Charter below)
- increasing physical activity
- helping people to stop smoking
- reducing health inequalities in the borough.
If you are interested in improving your own health and wellbeing, you can focus on:
- keeping yourself active
- improving your diet by eating well
- moderating alcohol intake
- seeking help to quit smoking
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy has been produced by Guildford Health and Wellbeing Board, which consists of members from Guildford Borough Council, Surrey County Council, Guildford and Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Surrey Heath CCG and the voluntary sector.
Please contact the Public Health Team, on 01483 444218 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Workplace Wellbeing Charter
The Workplace Wellbeing Charter is a national initiative set up to help employers look after the health and wellbeing of their staff. The charter is for all businesses, no matter how big or small. If you would like to find out how to sign up for the charter, visit Workplace Wellbeing Charter or email email@example.com.
Please see our press release (Downloads) to find out about the winners of our Workplace Wellbeing Charter Award - Voluntary Action South West Surrey.
Stay healthy and active in Guildford
From parks, playgrounds and open spaces through to leisure and sports facilities, our services can help you to stay healthy and active.
- See a map of parks, playgrounds and green spaces in the borough
- Find sports pitches and courts to book
- Make use of leisure facilities including Guildford Spectrum and Surrey Sports Park
- View holiday activities for children
- See our services for older people
- Falls prevention: the Handy Person Scheme can provide free grab rails and banister rails for elderly and vulnerable residents.
- Our Care and Repair Team can help older people, or those with disabilities, who are wanting to make repairs and adaptations to their home to allow them to live safely and independently.