Toggle menu

We are experiencing some issues with our phone lines

We are working to fix the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Advice for severe weather

Flooding advice

For the latest flood information, alerts and advice visit the Environment Agency website or visit Surrey County Council's advice on flooding.

The National Flood Forum is a charity supporting those at risk of flooding.

What happens if there is flooding?

If there is high water and flooding, we can give you sandbags. Sandbags are at the following locations in Guildford town centre:

  1. Fays Passage, Bedford Road
  2. Mary Road car park
  3. Millbrook car park
  4. Millmead Court, Millmead
  5. Portsmouth Road car park

We cannot always guarantee sandbags will be available. Please try to make your own flood protection plan if you live in an at-risk area.  Most local builders merchants supply sandbags and sand.  You can also purchase permanent flood protection products for the longer-term. For advice on flood protection, visit the Environment Agency website.

There are also other locations where you can find sandbags:

If there is a flood


✔ Pay attention to the advice of the emergency services and local authority

✔  Switch off electrical and gas appliances at the mains 

✔  Move important items to an upstairs room or a safe, high place on the ground floor

Do not:

✗ Enter the flood water - only six inches of fast flowing water can knock you over and there may be hidden hazards 

✗ Drive through flood water - less than two feet can be enough to float a car

✗ Come into contact with flood water - it is often contaminated with sewage and pollution. Wear rubber gloves and boots, and wash thoroughly if you do come into contact with flood water

During office hours, you can contact us on 01483 505050. Outside office hours, please use the following emergency numbers: