Planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling
Check what information you need to include with this type of application below.
You must submit drawings and information which describe the project, including:
- existing and proposed elevations
- existing and proposed floor plans
- roof plans (if needed)
All plans need to show key dimensions of all new works. Give the external height, width and depth on your elevations and floor plans. Please submit drawings at 1:50 or 1:100 scale, except the street scene drawing which should be 1:100 or 1:200 scale. You also need to include a scale bar which refers to the paper size, for example: 1:100 on A3.
You may also need to send us the following information:
- Air quality management assessment
- Archaeological desk-based assessment
- Biodiversity assessment
- Daylight / sunlight assessment
- Flood risk assessment
- Green Belt percentage volume increase and floor space calculations
- Heritage statement
- Landscaping details
- Noise impact assessment
- Parking provision statement
- Planning statement
- Site levels / section
- Site waste management plan
- Structural survey
- Surface water drainage strategy / information
- Sustainability statement / information
- Tree survey / Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Method Statements / Tree Protection Plan
Submitting photographs, photomontages or computer-generated images is not necessary, but may be helpful to supply with your application.
If your project will take place in a Neighbourhood Plan area we may require more details. If you are unsure how a Neighbourhood Plan affects your application, contact email@example.com or call us on 01483 505050.